Virus Information Links
Information From Anti-Virus Software Vendors:
Other Virus Information Resources:
Virus Hoaxes & Misinformation : Vmyths.com
1. Update Your Virus Protection Software Regularly.
3. Get a Spyware Protection program such as Spybot Search and Destroy or one that is included in a security suite of programs with anti-virus software.
4. Make sure your firewall is turned on. (Windows XP and Vista both include a firewall as do many Security Suites.)
5. Stay alert. Never give out personal information, passwords, credit card numbers or social security numbers through email. Email is not secure. Be very sure that you see a little closed padlock at the bottom (or top) of your browser before you type in secure information such as your credit card number. Use your common sense, If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
6. Check for scam alerts before spending money :