Getting a Library Card
- Please bring with you to the library a picture ID with current address & one other piece of identification to sign up. You will need some proof of your current address.
- Children under 18 will need their parent or legal guardian to come into the library and sign their application form. Children should be at least 5 years old and in Kindergarten.
Library Cards issued at Hillsboro, Greenfield, Leesburg, Lynchburg, and Rocky Fork can be used at all the Highland County District Libraries. You do not need one for each of those libraries.
- Note: We no longer accept the library cards of other county libraries. (August 2005)
- Effective July 1, 2009 there will be a charge of $2.00 per item for out-of-system interlibrary loan requests to cover return shipping costs. ("Out-of-system" means that you did not find it in our SEO catalog.)
- Lost or damaged items: Damage to library items will be assessed by the circulation manager/library manager and charged according to the age of the item and the severity of the damage. Items with damage severe enough to cause withdrawal from circulation must be paid for. The charge will be added to the user's account automatically. An item is considered "lost" when it has become substantially overdue or reported as lost. The replacement cost of lost items will be charged to your account. If you find and return a lost item within 6 months of payment, you will be issued a refund.
The first time you check out you can take out only two items, after that the following rules apply:
|Materials||Days Loaned||Limit||Late Fee|
|Most Books & Toys||28||10 cents/day|
|New Books, Magazines, & Audio Books||14||10 cents/day|
|Interlibrary Loans||Period determined by the library from which we borrow them.||Items requested must be picked up and & returned to use Interlibrary Loan services again.||10 cents/day|
|eBooks||21||10 items||They "return" themselves|
Can't Make it Back When the Library is Open?
Each library location has a 24/7 book drop to return materials after hours.
If you have a card, then you can renew eligible items (not on hold, not exceeding renewal limit) either over the phone or online with your library card number and PIN.
Please call any of our library locations if you need assistance.
Hillsboro Public Library: 937-393-3114
Greenfield Branch Library: 937-981-3772
Leesburg Branch Library: 937-780-7295
Lynchburg Branch Library: 937-364-2511
Rocky Fork Branch Library: 937-661-6866